PENNINGTON, N.J., April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- After a long winter, families are gearing up for warm summer escapes, and interest in all-inclusive resorts remains strong in 2014.
"All-inclusive resorts are incredibly popular with families, but they're not all created equal," says Lissa Poirot, editor of Family Vacation Critic. "Families traveling with kids tend to spend a majority of their time on-property, so it's important for parents to find resorts that don't just accept children, but that truly welcome them. Resorts that we classify as being especially family-friendly are those with spacious accommodations, extensive kids' programming and available childcare services."
According to Family Vacation Critic, these are the Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in 2014:
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas – Jamaica Family Amenities: Connecting rooms, private villas and personal staff members.
- Franklyn D. Resort & Spa – Jamaica Family Amenities: Kid-specific programming and hangouts, large standard guest rooms and complimentary nanny services.
- Bitter End Yacht Club – British Virgin Islands Family Amenities: Children's program, kid-friendly menu choices, three beaches and private cottages.
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort – St. Lucia Family Amenities: Kids' club, pools and babysitting services.
- Beaches Turks & Caicos – Turks & CaicosFamily Amenities: Multigenerational lodging options, water park, kids' club and teen nightclub.
- IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites – Jamaica Family Amenities: Kids' club, nightly entertainment and spacious rooms with balconies.
- Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort – Jamaica Family Amenities: Kids' club, recording studio for teens and Laser Tag Ranch.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa – St. Lucia Family Amenities: Water park, paintball facility, kite and windsurfing center and both family and adults-only areas for multigenerational groups.
- The Verandah Resort & Spa – Antigua Family Amenities: Kids-only pool, mini golf course, kids' club and teen hangout.
- IBEROSTAR Bavaro – Dominican Republic Family Amenities: Kids' clubs, two-story bungalows, giant swimming pool and shared amenities with neighboring IBEROSTAR resorts.
For more information, along with insider tips, visit the
10 Best All-Inclusive Caribbean Resorts for Families in 2014.