Mediaset, Italy’s largest commercial broadcaster, has turned to Accenture (NYSE:ACN) to create and manage its Mediaset Infinity service, which delivers film and television shows on-demand to a wide array of IP-enabled devices such as set-top boxes, PCs, tablets, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
Leveraging the Accenture Video Solution (AVS), Mediaset launched its new Over-the-top VOD streaming service Mediaset Infinity in December 2013. Mediaset selected Accenture because of its ability to launch the AVS software platform in only 12 weeks and cost-efficient turn-key Software-as-a-Service model.
“The capabilities of the Accenture Video Solution for packaging, licensing, distributing and monetizing video content across multiple viewing platforms are clearly helping Mediaset reach a broader consumer audience,” said Chiara Tosato, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Mediaset Infinity. “Within a challenging three-month timeframe, Accenture delivered an innovative, high-quality software platform, with a compelling Software-as-a-Service model, which positions us well to grow our business efficiently today and in the future.”
Deploying the Accenture Video Solution, Mediaset has:
- Created a content catalogue with more than 5,000 titles from film studios and Mediaset’s internal productions. The advanced transcoding, DRM protection, and workflow balancing technology features of AVS helped reduce the investment to create the initial catalogue.
- Managed a strong commercial offer including commercial campaigns, vouchers management and subscription payment methods that allow subscribers to manage their own profile through a complete self-care portal.
- Deployed and operated Infinity as a managed service across a wide array of devices. This “video anywhere” consumer experience is further enriched by features that simplify service registration and subscription and enable new ways for viewer interaction and engagement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV