- dtac TriNet announces the launch of 4G/LTE on 2100MHz for its users in Thailand
- Users in Bangkok Metropolitan will enjoy faster mobile broadband services and better network performance
- Ericsson is the sole supplier for User Data Management, Evolved Packet Core and circuit core solutions
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- To meet the needs of a data-hungry new generation of users in densely populated areas, dtac TriNet Co., Ltd, a subsidiary of Thailand's second-largest mobile operator dtac, has assigned long-time partner Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) to deploy a 4G/LTE network.
The 4G/LTE on 2100MHz rollout began in February 2014 and once completed consumers can expect a superior user experience when browsing the internet on their smartphones or downloading movies at much faster speeds. By deploying 4G/LTE on 2100MHz, dtac TriNet will ensure improved network capacity and enhanced performance in Bangkok. dtac will also have a cost-effective network ready for continued data-traffic growth.
Panya Vechbanyongratana, Senior Vice President, Network Operations Division, dtac, says: "Our vision of Internet for All, equality of access to all Thais, is to enable all Thai people to access the internet for a better quality of life. Enhancing customer experience in data services. We are pleased to roll out 4G services and we're convinced it will lead to many advantages not only for our users, who will enjoy better and faster access to information through our high-speed mobile broadband network. It will also foster entrepreneurship and active development among mobile operators, vendors, application developers and content producers."Camilla Vautier, Head of Ericsson Thailand, says: "This confirms our long-standing partnership with dtac and is important, not only for Ericsson but also in terms of realizing the Networked Society. Through this network rollout, we are enabling Thai citizens to access faster mobile broadband services that can enrich their everyday lives."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV