SHANGHAI, China, April 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Montage Technology Group Limited ("Montage") (Nasdaq:MONT), a global fabless provider of analog and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for the home entertainment and cloud computing markets, today announced the production release of its DDR4 RDIMM and LRDIMM chipsets, which include the DDR4 Registering Clock Driver (RCD) and the DDR4 Data Buffers (DB). The chipset fully supports Intel's next-generation Xeon Processor ES-2600 V3 product family.
Fully compliant with the latest DDR4 JEDEC 1.0 specification, the chipset features the highest performance and lowest power in its class. Both the RCD and DB have been extensively tested by Intel Corporation ("Intel") (Nasdaq:INTC) and our DRAM partners at the system level up to 2133 MT/s. The system level testing includes memory stress tests at temperature and reset/power cycling in a variety of end customer server platforms.
The new DDR4 LRDIMM distributed architecture has an inherent advantage over existing DDR3 memory solutions that utilize one central device to buffer both the command/address and DRAM data buses. As a result, the DDR4 LRDIMM, with one central RCD and nine Data Buffers for each individual byte lane, can easily operate at one or two speed grades faster than a comparable RDIMM. The new DDR4 generation of memory products lends itself to performance beyond what is capable in existing DDR3 systems today by supporting higher peak bandwidth with lower inherent latency."Intel has developed a healthy ecosystem of DDR4 partners including memory interface providers such as Montage, which we believe will enable a successful production launch of Intel's ES-2600 V3 family of CPUs," said Geof Findley, Director of PMO Memory Enabling & Apps Engineering at Intel. "Memory interface devices are critical to the success of the DDR4 memory system and it is great for Montage to continue its leadership in this area."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV