Compass Minerals (NYSE: CMP) has completed its acquisition of Wolf Trax Inc., a privately held corporation that develops and distributes innovative plant nutrition products.
“We’re eager to leverage the strengths that Wolf Trax employees, products and technologies bring to Compass Minerals,” said Fran Malecha, Compass Minerals president and CEO. “This acquisition expands the crops and regions Compass Minerals serves, and it enhances our position as a key resource for premium plant nutrition products.”
Compass Minerals acquired 100 percent of the issued and outstanding Wolf Trax stock for CA$95 million, subject to customary post-closing adjustments. AltaCorp Capital Inc. acted as exclusive financial advisors to Wolf Trax.
About Compass MineralsBased in the Kansas City metropolitan area, Compass Minerals is a leading producer of minerals, including salt, sulfate of potash specialty fertilizer and magnesium chloride. The company provides highway deicing salt to customers in North America and the United Kingdom and specialty fertilizer to growers worldwide. Compass Minerals also produces consumer deicing and water conditioning products, ingredients used in consumer and commercial foods, and other mineral-based products for consumer, agricultural and industrial applications. This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on the Company's current expectations and involve risks and uncertainties that could cause the Company's actual results to differ materially. The differences could be caused by a number of factors including those factors identified in the “Risk Factors” sections of our Annual and Quarterly Reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements made in this press release to reflect future events or developments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV