Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that it has been named a recipient of the 2014 Gallup Great Workplace Award for the third consecutive year. The annual award recognizes Hyatt for having one of the most engaged and productive workforces in the world.
“Hyatt is extremely proud of our strong workplace environment, unique familial culture and the deep emotional connections that are shared by our 95,000 colleagues around the world,” said Robb Webb, chief human resources officer, Hyatt Hotels Corporation. “We believe that the passion and commitment of our colleagues are critical to our long-term success, and we are focused on helping one another achieve our full potential to better serve our guests each day. We are honored that our colleagues have once again reaffirmed our efforts to care for the individual by recognizing Hyatt as a best place to work.”
The Gallup Great Workplace Award is based on rigorous workplace research. To be eligible for nomination, an organization has to have at least 80 percent of their global workgroup respond to the annual Gallup survey, and more than half of the collective workgroup results need a grand mean score of 4.15 or higher (out of five).
More than 76,000 Hyatt associates in 48 countries participated in the 2013 survey. The results showed that they enjoy their workplace, appreciate the professional development opportunities and training programs, and take pride in providing authentic hospitality to guests.A panel of workplace experts evaluated applicants, and Hyatt was chosen as one of the top 35 organizations because of its strong results. Winners of the 2014 Gallup Great Workplace Award will be presented with their awards at a gala during the Gallup Summit 2014, May 13-15, 2014. For more information and a full list of winners, please visit http://thegallupblog.gallup.com/2014/03/35-companies-that-set-standard-for.html. Strong Record of Workplace Recognition Hyatt hotels are continually recognized as a leader in promoting a nurturing, positive and diverse workplace environment. The company has received some of the most prestigious workplace distinctions in recent years, including:
- FORTUNE named Hyatt to its 2014 “100 Best Companies to Work For®” List in the U.S. for the first time, based significantly on the results of a Hyatt associate survey.
- Glassdoor named Hyatt to its “Top 50 Best Places to Work” list in 2014, based on reviews by Hyatt associates.
- The Human Rights Campaign named Hyatt as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality” for the tenth consecutive year in 2014.
- The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and experience.com have named Hyatt as a desired employer for recent graduates and young professionals. AARP has named Hyatt a top employer for older Americans.
- HispanicBusiness Magazine and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) recognized Hyatt for its hiring of Hispanic and African-American associates.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts