Update (4:05 p.m.): Updated with all-time high price and Thursday market close information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Balchem (BCPC) soared to an all-time high of $65.89 on Tuesday after the company, which provides ethylene oxide to medical device manufacturers, announced its acquisition of SensoryEffects, a privately held supplier of customized food and beverage ingredient systems for $567 million in cash.
Balchem said in a statement it expects the acquisition to be immediately accretive to its earnings per share. The transaction should close within the next 40 days.
SensoryEffects expects revenue of approximately $260 million and adjusted EBIDTA of approximately $53 million in 2014.More than 850,000 shares changed hands on Tuesday, up from the average volume of 118,180. The stock hit a low of $56.15 for the day and holds a one-year low of $41. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV