NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Battery-maker HighPower International (HPJ) sparked investors' interest on StockTwits.com Tuesday. The lithium-ion battery manufacturer, which is incorporated in Delaware but is the parent of a Chinese company, Hong Kong Highpower Technology, filed its annual report with the SEC late Monday night.
Among the good news investors saw was nearly $2.1 million in before-tax income on just under $132.9 million in 2013 sales. Shares climbed 32.58% intra day.
Investors also reacted to a March 25 article by a research analyst who is long HighPower International shares. Michael Fitzsimmons called for the stock to hit $6.40 in 2014 due to increased lithium ion battery demand in China. He said the company is well-positioned to fulfill demand in China for rechargeable devices and electric vehicles. The company has a new battery factory coming on line this year. Some cashtaggers warned that enthusiasm for the stock may be overdone. They noted that the intraday trading price already exceeded the analyst's target that had helped drive shares higher in the first place.
$HPJ has already reached SA writer's PT. No point in buying here. -- Brian Kelly (@bdwight1) Apr. 1 at 12:56 PMAt the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV