NAPLES, Fla., April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation ( hertzequip.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), has been awarded a new contract with the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance™ (U.S. Communities™), continuing their five year partnership for an additional three years. The U.S. Communities cooperative provides a procurement resource for local and state government agencies, school districts (K-12), higher education and non-profit organizations. Through this new contract, registered users will benefit from access to equipment rental products and solutions, including brand new programs and services.
Lois Boyd, President of Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, said: "We have been working with government agencies for more than 30 years, providing rental equipment for times when ownership may not make financial sense. We are pleased to continue our collaboration with the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance and combine our government experience, knowledge and service into a program specifically geared towards meeting the equipment needs of government agencies."
The exclusive contract was awarded through a competitive tender process conducted by the lead public agency, North Carolina State University, a U.S. Communities Advisory Board member. Through its U.S. Communities partnership, Hertz Equipment offers pricing programs designed to provide increased savings based on the level of commitment from the participating agencies. These cover options for rentals as well as the purchase of new and used equipment.
In addition, standby contracts for power generation and disaster relief are now available to ensure that participant's communities are ready in case of emergency. Safety training for aerial and forklift equipment can also be provided to individuals and groups within an agency's organization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV