NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nokia (NOK) was gaining 3.1% to $7.57 Tuesday on news that CaixaBank chose the smartphone maker as the preferred provider of employee phones the day before it will discuss the future of the Lumia brand.
The agreement between Nokia and CaixaBank includes the purchase of about 30,000 Nokia Lumia smartphones.
The smartphone maker will share its plans for future Lumia devices at the Microsoft (MSFT) BUILD developers' conference in San Francisco on April 2.
Nokia will soon sell its smartphone business to Microsoft. The deal was once expected to close at the end of March, but is now expected to close at the end of April.Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV