3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks Taking The Lead: SLRC, FDUS, FULL
Fidus Investment (NASDAQ: FDUS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.90%. Fidus Investment Corporation operates as an externally managed, closed-end, and non-diversified management investment company. The company provides customized debt and equity financing solutions to lower middle-market companies in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.07. The average volume for Fidus Investment has been 78,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Fidus Investment has a market cap of $263.3 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are down 11.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Fidus Investment as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for FIDUS INVESTMENT CORP is rather high; currently it is at 68.82%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 44.20% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 367.12% to $35.26 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FIDUS INVESTMENT CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 93.28%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FIDUS INVESTMENT CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- FIDUS INVESTMENT CORP's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIDUS INVESTMENT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.91 versus $1.32 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.6% in earnings ($1.77 versus $1.91).
- You can view the full Fidus Investment Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts