3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: KFN, CPWR, BXMT
Blackstone Mortgage (NYSE: BXMT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.70%. Blackstone Mortgage Trust, Inc., a real estate finance company, primarily focuses on originating mortgage loans backed by commercial real estate assets. The company operates through Loan Origination and CT Legacy Portfolio segments. The company has a P/E ratio of 36.30. The average volume for Blackstone Mortgage has been 453,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Blackstone Mortgage has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Blackstone Mortgage as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BXMT's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 284.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 394.96% to $14.25 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BLACKSTONE MORTGAGE TR INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.91%.
- The gross profit margin for BLACKSTONE MORTGAGE TR INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.67%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BXMT's net profit margin of 26.37% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 93.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $105.19 million to $7.08 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BLACKSTONE MORTGAGE TR INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Blackstone Mortgage Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV