3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: KFN, CPWR, BXMT
Compuware Corporation (NASDAQ: CPWR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.80%. Compuware Corporation provides services, software, and practices for information technology (IT) organizations worldwide. The average volume for Compuware Corporation has been 1,971,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Compuware Corporation has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the computer software & services industry. Shares are down 6.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Compuware Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CPWR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.05, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for COMPUWARE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 71.03%. Regardless of CPWR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CPWR's net profit margin of 9.98% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, COMPUWARE CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry average. The net income has decreased by 1.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $25.34 million to $25.02 million.
- You can view the full Compuware Corporation Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts