Adami was a buyer of Juniper Networks (JNPR) on a pullback to $23.50.
Finerman advised investors not to trade Google solely due to its stock split, which becomes effective Thursday.
Adami said interest rates seem likely to go lower, contrary to what many investors believe. He suggested the iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT) will eventually go to $115.
Seth Merrin, founder and CEO of Liquidnet, was a guest on the show as controversy continues to swirl regarding high-frequency trading (HFT), an issue recently stirred up by Michael Lewis' new book, Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt.
Merrin argued his firm is quite different than other HFT firms. Instead of front-running many standard orders in the stock market, Liquidnet connects large, institutional clients to each other, helping to absorb liquidity. He added the average size of an institutional order is roughly 250,000 shares, while the average single market execution size is only 250 shares.Not all HFT firms are evil, he said, but the ones that are bad ruin the public's view of Wall Street, which is hurtful to everyone. He concluded that some issues in the market need to be corrected, but regulators should also focus on improving the public's perception. Adami said he would not be a short-seller of Nasdaq OMX Group (NDAQ) since any bullish news could send the stock higher. Twitter (TWTR) fell 3% and was the first stock on the show's "Pops & Drops" segment. Adami said the stock appears "broken" with its recent price action. Urban Outfitters (URBN) jumped 4%. Pete Najarian said he was a buyer. GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) climbed 7%. Jon Najarian said the stock looks like it will hit its previous 52-week highs. Macy's (M) moved higher by 2%. Finerman is still long the stock, saying it's not overvalued.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV