New Lifetime High Reached: BankUnited (BKU)
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified BankUnited (BKU) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified BankUnited as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BKU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.2 million.
- BKU has traded 18,352 shares today.
- BKU is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BKU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BKU NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BKU: BankUnited, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for BankUnited, National Association that provides a range of banking products services to commercial and middle-market businesses, and individual customers in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. BKU has a PE ratio of 16.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate BankUnited a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for BankUnited has been 860,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. BankUnited has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.39 days to cover. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BankUnited as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and premium valuation.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for BANKUNITED INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.02%. Regardless of BKU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BKU's net profit margin of 26.93% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 62.73% to -$24.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 62.73%, BANKUNITED INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 405.62%.
- BKU, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- BANKUNITED INC's earnings per share declined by 18.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BANKUNITED INC reported lower earnings of $2.01 versus $2.06 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 9.9% in earnings ($1.81 versus $2.01).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Commercial Banks industry. The net income has decreased by 16.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $62.50 million to $52.39 million.
- You can view the full BankUnited Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV