IndexIQ’s IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap ETF (CROP) Marks Third Anniversary; Positioned To Take Advantage Of Worldwide Food Scarcity And Demand And Global Population Growth
IndexIQ’s IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CROP), the first Exchange-Traded Fund targeting the more rapidly growing small capitalization segment of the global agribusiness marketplace, turned three years old on March 22, it was announced today. CROP is designed to provide exposure to global small capitalization companies engaged in the fast-growing agribusiness sector, including agricultural machinery, livestock operations, crop production and farming, and biofuels and alternative energy. It seeks to track, before fees and expenses, the performance of the IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap Index (Bloomberg Index Ticker: IQSMCROP).
“As the world’s population expands and more people enter the middle class, the demand for food will continue to grow, creating tremendous opportunities for agribusiness,” said Adam Patti, chief executive officer at IndexIQ. “This is a long-running trend that is unlikely to change anytime soon. We introduced CROP three years ago to give investors a way to gain exposure to the smaller and potentially faster growing companies that stand to benefit.”
IndexIQ indexes underlie a variety of investment products, including ETFs, mutual funds, and institutional accounts. IndexIQ products are designed to be liquid, transparent, low cost, * and accessible to a broad range of investors, many of which are the first of their kind to be introduced to the market, including:
- IQ Alpha Hedge Strategy Fund (IQHIX – Institutional Share Class; IQHOX – Investor Share Class), the first open-end, no-load hedge fund replication mutual fund;
- IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: QAI), the first US-listed hedge fund replication Exchange-Traded Fund;
- IQ Hedge Market Neutral Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: QMN) providing exposure to the market neutral hedge fund universe;
- IQ Hedge Macro Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: MCRO), the first Global Macro/Emerging Markets hedge fund replication ETF;
- IQ Merger Arbitrage ETF (NYSE Arca: MNA), the first merger arbitrage ETF;
- IQ Real Return ETF (NYSE Arca: CPI), the first US-listed “real return” ETF, which seeks to generate a real return above the rate of inflation as measured by changes in the Consumer Price Index;
- IQ US Real Estate Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: ROOF), the first US Real Estate Small Cap ETF;
- IQ Global Resources ETF (NYSE Arca: GRES), the first hedged global natural resources ETF;
- IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CROP), the first agribusiness small cap ETF;
- IQ Global Oil Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: IOIL), the first global oil small cap ETF;
- IQ Canada Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CNDA), the first Canada small cap ETF; and,
- IQ Australia Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: KROO), the first Australia small cap ETF.
About IndexIQIndexIQ is a leading issuer of index-based liquid alternative solutions focused on absolute return, real asset and international strategies. IndexIQ solutions are offered as ETFs, Mutual Funds, Separate Accounts and Model Portfolios. IndexIQ’s philosophy is to democratize investment management by making innovative alternative investment strategies available to investors in low cost, liquid and transparent products.* IndexIQ strategies are marketed through the company’s proprietary investment products and select partnerships with leading global financial institutions. Additional information about the company and its products can be found at www.IndexIQ.com. *IndexIQ’s ETF holdings are available daily on IndexIQ’s website. Brokerage commissions apply to ETFs. ETFs are liquid in that they are exchange-traded.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts