Verint® Systems Inc.
(NASDAQ: VRNT) today introduced the availability of
, a Situation Management Center, powered by Nextiva Fusion
. Based on an open, scalable and expandable platform, the SMC solution integrates with a multitude of sensors and systems to increase situation management and improve the security and safety of people, property and assets.
Nextiva SMC is a comprehensive software solution that provides capabilities for the various phases of situation management, including real-time situation awareness, efficient response and notification, investigation and debriefing, planning and compliance, and preventive intelligence. Powered by Nextiva Fusion, Verint’s new platform engine that drives constant relation and location dynamics across all events and incidents, Nextiva SMC is designed for efficient object identification, information correlation, and location analytics across data and sensors from integrated subsystems. The solution can manage thousands of sensors and systems used for identity, security, life safety, CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives), building management, communications, transportation and mobility, and environmental issues. It uses a GIS-based visual database to link sensors, maps and events together to provide users with a unified and easy-to-use interface for situation management.
“Today’s security organizations are faced with a variety of security and safety vulnerabilities and situations driven by the growth in urbanization and rapid socio-economic developments, as well as the surge in big data created by human-to-computer and machine-to-machine communications,” explains Steve Weller, senior vice president and general manager, Verint Video and Situation Intelligence Solutions
. “Nextiva SMC is designed to help organizations transition to solutions that analyze the growing streams of data being captured, and to filter through the ‘noise’ to get the most relevant security and operational information to make informed, immediate decisions.”
With Nextiva SMC, users can integrate multiple devices and platforms to boost enterprise, security and business intelligence to achieve:
- Enhanced response time and effectiveness. Operators can view the location of all fixed and mobile sensors and targets of interest to identify incidents before they impact business operations.
- Greater operator efficiency. Organizations can benefit from a unified view and workflow across their entire network of sensors and systems streamline operations and management. Operators can filter false alarms through visual and alarm verification, collaborate on incidents and build unified incident reconstruction across multiple data sources.
- Better training and compliance. Security procedures are predefined and designed to comply with operating standards. Time previously spent handling tasks can become more streamlined, and metrics and dashboards can heighten operational efficiencies.
- Lower cost of security infrastructure. By connecting to current infrastructures, organizations can minimize the need to replace existing systems and scale to future application and system integrations.
- An established, next-generation situation management platform. Additional data sources and modules can be integrated to help accommodate an organization’s changing needs and evolving requirements, providing an on-going and unified approach to security intelligence.
The Verint Nextiva SMC solution is designed to help increase operational efficiency, which can be measured in more investigations per operator, incidents per operator and incidents that are prevented. The total return on investment (ROI) can also be reflected in lower incident handling time, dispatch time, and fewer false alarms. By leveraging Nextiva SMC, response time can be expedited and investigations can be simplified.