BLUE BELL, Pa., April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced the addition of new features and services to its cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) solution, which the company has renamed Edge Service Management by Unisys.
Edge Service Management is a comprehensive, standards-based solution that enables IT organizations to focus on making employees more productive by better connecting IT services to related business processes. Delivered via an as-a-service model, the Unisys solution uses prebuilt modules, advanced analytics tools and proven methodologies that enable clients to achieve better business results by proactively managing both services and the underlying IT infrastructure, rather than simply reacting to service events.
Edge Service Management includes the following new capabilities:
- A persona-based user interface for service request and catalog management that enables users to view and initiate services based on their individual organizational roles;
- A discovery module that creates service maps and automates identification and updates to IT infrastructure components central to the services and business processes they impact;
- A comprehensive Service Asset and Configuration Management service that enables management of both data center- and people-focused IT assets.
Unisys also announced a new, dedicated IT Asset Management (ITAM) Advisory Practice to help clients maximize the value of those services. Service professionals in the Unisys ITAM practice provide consulting, implementation and ongoing ITAM lifecycle management services."The name Edge Service Management perfectly captures the benefits of our ITSM solution," said Ron Frankenfield, president, Unisys Global Managed Services. "Our offering gives Unisys clients a competitive edge across the board – in quickly modernizing their service management framework to achieve specific business objectives, empowering their people with on-demand access to exactly the services they need, streamlining IT operations through predictive analytics and getting the best possible return from their IT investments." Edge Service Management by Unisys is based on global Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards. Unisys can implement the solution for clients in as few as 45 days, compared to the six months or more that other ITSM deployments typically take. Available on an as-a-service basis through an annual subscription, the cloud-based Unisys solution currently processes more than 600,000 service events per month for clients. Pre-Built Solution Components Speed Delivery of ResultsMany components of Edge Service Management by Unisys are pre-built, dramatically shortening the time it takes to install and make them operational. For example, the persona-based user interface to the ITSM platform gives users a view into the catalog of services available to them based on their jobs. Pre-built service request definitions quickly connect all data, tasks and people required to fulfill the request, saving clients approximately two weeks in development time per service request compared to the person/year and more that it typically takes to develop and deploy an offering from scratch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV