NORWALK, Conn., April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, priceline.com Incorporated (NASDAQ: PCLN) announced that it has changed its name to " The Priceline Group Inc." effective immediately. The Priceline Group consists of five primary brands including Booking.com, priceline.com, agoda.com, KAYAK and rentalcars.com. The corporate name change is intended to create a clear delineation between the global Priceline Group business, and The Priceline Group's North American travel brand priceline.com.
"The Priceline Group represents five brands that are independently-managed and entrepreneurially-led, yet belonging to a family with a set of common operating principles," said Darren Huston, President & CEO of The Priceline Group. "Today's name change doesn't signify any change in the strategy, or how we operate. Rather, it reflects how we have internally referred to the business for quite some time, and better aligns the name of the company with the actual structure of our business."
The name change was effected through an amendment to the company's certificate of incorporation accomplished pursuant to a short-form merger under Delaware law on April 1, 2014. No other changes were made to the company's certificate of incorporation, and the name change has no effect on the company's ticker symbol or outstanding securities.
The company's headquarters remain in Norwalk, CT. For more information, including all Investor Relations materials, SEC filings, and corporate governance materials, please visit The Priceline Group's new website pricelinegroup.com.About The Priceline Group The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN) is the world leader in online travel, serving consumers and partners through five primary brands - Booking.com, priceline.com, agoda.com, KAYAK and rentalcars.com. For more information, visit pricelinegroup.com. SOURCE priceline.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV