WASHINGTON, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Cogent Communications Group, Inc. ("Cogent Communications") announced that Cogent Communications Finance, Inc., a newly formed financing subsidiary of Cogent Communications, intends to commence an offering of $200 million of senior unsecured notes due 2021 (the "Notes") for issuance in a private placement not registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Act"). The offering is expected to close into escrow subject to customary closing conditions. If the offering is consummated, Cogent expects to use the proceeds from the offering, if released from escrow, for general corporate purposes. There can be no assurance that the issuance and sale of the Notes will be consummated.
The information in this release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the Notes. The Notes offered have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
About Cogent Communications
Cogent Communications (NASDAQ: CCOI) is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five Internet backbone networks in the world. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access, Ethernet transport and colocation services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network provides services in over 180 markets globally.Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV