SAN JOSE, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, March 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NAB 2014 -- Altera Corporation (Nasdaq: ALTR) today announced it will be demonstrating its broadcast solutions at NAB from April 7 to 10, 2014, in the Altera booth (SU11110) showing attendees how to more effectively design high-end video cameras, encoders and other products that manage connectivity, compression and encoding applications for 4K video. The demonstrations are based on Altera's current high-end 28 nm Arria(r) V, Stratix(r) V, and its cost-effective Cyclone V FPGA families with a path to migrate to Altera's 20 nm Arria 10, and Stratix 14 nm 10 FPGAs and SoCs.
Altera's lead architects and partners will be on site to help discuss ways to handle the complexities of encoding and processing 4K by using specialty programmable logic devices, called FPGAs which can easily handle the 4X bandwidth increase over today's existing HD High Definition (HD) video solutions. Altera can also cover how to bring 4K systems to market now and how to future proof them for 8K. Attendees who stop by the Altera booth can see the following demonstrations:
- Flexible 4K connectivity with 12G SDI and HDMI 2.0
- Transport of multiple streams of video with 4K ready SMPTE 2022 and JPEG 2000
- Ultra-low footprint video compression that is higher quality than JPEG 2000 and yet requires no external memory
- The industry's first 4K HEVC coprocessor that cuts power consumption in half
As broadcasters look to make live 4K mainstream, equipment makers are looking for new ways to handle the complexity and costs associated with 4K video systems design and processing. Altera's portfolio is capable of meeting the complex technical 4K video processing and encoding applications for customers and offer a scalable solutions set with a migration path to future standards. Altera Stratix 10 solutions are based on the advanced Intel 14 nm Tri-Gate process, which provides end designers with performance, power, cost and time to market advantages.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts