NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- YOU on Demand (YOD - Get Report) rose 12.1% to $4.91, up 53 cents from its previous close of $4.38, on Monday in advance of the Chinese video on demand service's full-year earnings report after the market closed. The stock continued to rise 1.22% to $4.97 in after-hours trading.
Full-year gross loss was $2.8 million compared to $1.76 million in 2012. Total operating expense decreased year over year to $9.4 million from $12.9 million. Net loss attributable to YOU on Demand common shareholders decreased year over year to $8.19 million from $15.14 million.
Basic and diluted loss per share was 54 cents compared to $1.36 in 2012.
"Backed by C Media's support, we continue to make progress on a number of fronts, including our successful recent expansion onto the mobile entertainment distribution platform," said CEO Weicheng Liu in the company's statement. "Our YOU Cinema App is now being prominently displayed on Huawei's Mate Smartphones, generating increasing levels of consumer interest for new and library movie titles from two of our leading Hollywood studio partners, Paramount and Disney."Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates YOU ON DEMAND HOLDINGS INC as a "sell" with a ratings score of D-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate YOU ON DEMAND HOLDINGS INC (YOD) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$2.77 million or 1.20% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow YOU ON DEMAND HOLDINGS INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.75%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, YOU ON DEMAND HOLDINGS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that YOD's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.65, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 183.28% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in YOD do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- YOU ON DEMAND HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 21.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, YOU ON DEMAND HOLDINGS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.24 versus -$1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.72 versus -$1.24).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YOD Ratings Report