MINNETONKA, Minn., March 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OneBeacon Professional Insurance (OBPI), a member of OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: OB), today announced that Dennis Galvin, Vice President, Claims, will present at the 2014 Claims and Litigation Management (CLM) Conference in Boca Raton, FL on April 9-11.
Galvin will participate as part of a roundtable titled, "Professional Liability - If you think you are an 'expert' or you 'specialize', be careful how you advertise." The session will outline and discuss potential pitfalls legal professionals face in their choice of wording in biographies on social media and on resumes, including potential violation of professional responsibility rules. The session will take place on April 10, at 10:10 a.m. EDT. For information on the conference, visit the event website at https://www.theclm.org/Event/ShowEventDescription/1391.
About OneBeacon Professional Insurance: OneBeacon Professional Insurance is a member of OneBeacon Insurance Group that specializes in professional liability solutions for targeted industries including hospitals, long-term care facilities, medical facilities, physician groups, media organizations, lawyers, real estate professionals, design professionals, financial services and technology providers.
Additionally, OneBeacon Professional Insurance provides employment practices liability insurance, management liability and tailored products for complex organizations including health care provider excess insurance and HMO reinsurance through one of the insurance companies in OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. General liability, property and workers compensation coverages are also available for financial institutions.About OneBeacon: OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. is a Bermuda-domiciled holding company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "OB." OneBeacon's underwriting companies offer a range of specialty insurance products sold through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment, and providing distinct products and tailored coverages and services. OneBeacon's solutions target ocean and inland marine; entertainment, sports and leisure; group accident; crop; public entities; technology; tuition refund; professional liability; environmental; excess property; programs; and commercial surety. For further information about our products and services visit: www.onebeacon.com and to remain up to date on OneBeacon's news, follow us on Twitter @OneBeaconIns or visit our online newsroom: www.onebeacon.com/newsroom. Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 This press release may contain "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or referenced in this press release that address activities, events or developments which we expect will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. The words "will," "believe," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "project," "estimate," "predict," "anticipate" and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to OneBeacon's:
- change in book value per share or return on equity;
- business strategy;
- financial and operating targets or plans;
- incurred loss and loss adjustment expenses and the adequacy of our loss and loss adjustment expense reserves and related reinsurance;
- projections of revenues, income (or loss), earnings (or loss) per share, dividends, market share or other financial forecasts;
- expansion and growth of our business and operations;
- future capital expenditures; and
- pending transactions.
- claims arising from catastrophic events, such as hurricanes, windstorms, earthquakes, floods or terrorist attacks;
- recorded loss and loss adjustment expense reserves subsequently proving to have been inadequate;
- exposure to asbestos or environmental claims;
- changes in interest rates, debt or equity markets or other market volatility that negatively impact our investment portfolio;
- competitive forces and the cyclicality of the property and casualty insurance industry;
- actions taken by rating agencies from time to time with respect to us, such as financial strength or credit rating downgrades or placing our ratings on negative watch;
- the continued availability of capital and financing;
- the outcome of litigation and other legal or regulatory proceedings;
- our ability to retain key personnel;
- our ability to continue meeting our debt and related service obligations or to pay dividends;
- the continued availability and cost of reinsurance coverage and our ability to collect reinsurance recoverables;
- the ability of our technology resources to prevent a data breach and the ability of our internal controls to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory policies;
- our ability to successfully develop new specialty businesses;
- changes in laws or regulations, or their interpretations, which are applicable to us, our competitors, our agents or our customers;
- participation in guaranty funds and mandatory market mechanisms;
- the impact of new theories of liability;
- changes to current shareholder dividend practice and regulatory restrictions on dividends;
- our status as a subsidiary of White Mountains, including potential conflicts of interest;
- whether the sale of our runoff business closes; and
- other factors, most of which are beyond our control, including the risks that are described from time to time in OneBeacon's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to OneBeacon's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2013 filed February 28, 2014.