Verint ® Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: VRNT), a global leader in Actionable Intelligence ® solutions and value-added services, today announced results for the three months and year ended January 31, 2014.
“We are pleased to finish the year strong with non-GAAP results of $257 million of revenue and $0.91 of diluted earnings per share in Q4. For the year, we generated record non-GAAP results of $910 million of revenue, and $2.84 of diluted earnings per share. Non-GAAP EBITDA came in very strong at $227 million, reflecting 10.8% year-over-year growth, driven by a combination of revenue growth and operating leverage,” said Dan Bodner, CEO and President.
Bodner continued, “Our long-term growth strategy is to maintain our leadership in our current markets while identifying adjacent markets in which we can leverage our core competency in Actionable Intelligence. We are focused on three areas of the Actionable Intelligence market: Customer Engagement Optimization, Security Intelligence, and Fraud, Risk and Compliance. We are very excited about the long term opportunities for Verint, as well as our near term prospects, reflected in our guidance for the current year of approximately $1.1 billion of revenue with 25% EBITDA margins on a non-GAAP basis.”
Financial HighlightsBelow is selected unaudited financial information for the three months and year ended January 31, 2014 prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and not in accordance with GAAP (“non-GAAP”).
|Three Months Ended January 31, 2014 - GAAP||Three Months Ended January 31, 2014 - Non-GAAP|
|Revenue: $255.7 million||Revenue: $257.1 million|
|Operating Income: $39.5 million||Operating Income: $65.5 million|
|Diluted EPS: $0.42||Diluted EPS: $0.91|
|Year Ended January 31, 2014 - GAAP||Year Ended January 31, 2014 - Non-GAAP|
|Revenue: $907.3 million||Revenue: $910.0 million|
|Operating Income: $122.3 million||Operating Income: $210.0 million|
|Diluted EPS: $0.99||Diluted EPS: $2.84|
- We expect revenue in the range of $1.08 billion to $1.13 billion, and diluted earnings per share in the range of $3.20 to $3.40.
- For Q1, we expect revenue in the range of $250 million to $260 million reflecting a full quarter of KANA which closed on February 3, 2014, as well as the seasonal trends that are typical in the enterprise software industry. We expect operating margins in Q1 to be similar to the first quarter of last year.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts