Get the Right Internship at the Right Time
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- There's really no argument against a good internship opportunity.
Data from Internships.com show that 69% of U.S. companies with 100 employees or more see internships as a critical steppingstone to full-time jobs. Executives at those firms say they are more likely to hire an intern than an outside job candidate, making those career apprenticeship opportunities more critical than ever for college students and college graduates looking for a leg up in a tough employment market.
So how do you choose the best internship opportunities?
"Working at a big-name company looks great on a resume, but being able to say to a potential employer that you have had some meaningful hands-on experience in a particular field beyond fetching coffee and answering phones can be equally impressive," says Kathy Harris, a managing partner at Harris Allied, a New York City executive recruitment firm. "It really depends on where you are in your academic career."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV