NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Fuwei Films
(FFHL - Get Report) popped more than 15% to a high of $2.04 as of 1:22 p.m. on Monday. The company announced on Friday the identity of the previously unidentified bidder that had successfully reached an agreement to acquire 52.9% of the company's outstanding shares at approximately $2.40 a share.
The company revealed Shandong SNTON Optical Materials Technology as the successful bidder in the fifth public auction of Fuwei's outstanding shares on March 25. The Weifang State-owned Assets Operation Administration Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Weifang State-owned Asset Management and Supervision Committee, is the controlling shareholder in Fuwei Films and had sought to sell the 52.9% share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO swung to a loss, reporting -$0.66 versus $0.25 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 58.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.41 million to -$3.81 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FUWEI FILMS HOLDINGS CO is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.95%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -30.54% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.27 million or 66.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FFHL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts