Humana, one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, is making every mile count with a digital update to its popular Humana Walkit program. Through a new partnership with the maker of the free smartphone app Charity Miles, Humana is inviting attendees at several PGA TOUR events to raise money for national and local charities simply by walking the golf course.
Attendees at select PGA TOUR events throughout 2014 can improve their own health while making a difference in the lives of others by downloading and using the Charity Miles exercise app that tracks how far users walk and raises money for charity based on distance traveled.
Humana unveiled its Charity Miles partnership in January at the 2014 Humana Challenge at PGA West in La Quinta, Calif. Throughout the event, tournament attendees using the app walked 252 million steps to earn $50,000 for locally based Desert Classic Charities.
“We’re excited about the personal and community impact this partnership will offer people across the country,” said Jody Bilney, Humana’s Chief Consumer Officer. “Our partnership with Charity Miles connects perfectly with Humana’s mission of inspiring people to achieve their best health, and what better motivation than helping people in need while improving your own well-being.”How Charity Miles Works For each mile Charity Miles users walk, jog or pedal a bike on Thursday through Sunday of designated PGA TOUR events, Charity Miles will donate 25 cents to a national charity of the user’s choice. The list of national charities includes Stand Up To Cancer, Wounded Warrior Project, Autism Speaks, Partnership For A Healthier America, ASPCA and many more. The program has no set mileage number to match or beat – the amount earned is based entirely on how far app users walk, jog or pedal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV