NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Boeing Co. (BA) shares were up 1.0% to $125.75 in trading Monday.
Boeing is competing with French aircraft manufacturer Airbus Group (EADSF) for a $1.31 billion contract to supply South Korea with four in-flight refueling aircraft.
Boeing is expected to offer a model based on its 767 plane design, while Airbus is expected to offer a model based on its A330 plane.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
South Korea will accept proposals until June 30 and expects to make a decision by year's end.
South Korea is attempting to bolster its air defense amid rising tensions in the region. The announcement of this bidding process comes on the heels of the news that the East Asian country placed a $6.79 billion order for 40 Lockheed Martin (LMT) made F-35 fighter jets last week.
- BOEING CO has improved earnings per share by 25.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BOEING CO increased its bottom line by earning $5.97 versus $5.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.40 versus $5.97).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 26.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $978.00 million to $1,233.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.65, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.43 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 25.78% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 42.93% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV