Stock To Watch: BofI (BOFI) In Perilous Reversal
- BOFI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.7 million.
- BOFI has traded 157,953 shares today.
- BOFI is down 3.4% today.
- BOFI was up 14.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BOFI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BOFI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BOFI: BofI Holding, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for BofI Federal Bank that provides financial services to consumers through the Internet in the United States. The company's deposit products include demand accounts, savings accounts, and time deposits. BOFI has a PE ratio of 30.9. Currently there are no analysts that rate BofI a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for BofI has been 206,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. BofI has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 6.5% with 1.87 days to cover. Shares are down 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BofI as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 254.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market, BOFI HOLDING INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BOFI HOLDING INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.12% is above that of the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 30.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 112.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BOFI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- BOFI HOLDING INC has improved earnings per share by 30.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BOFI HOLDING INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.89 versus $2.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.78 versus $2.89).
- You can view the full BofI Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts