- Omnichannel is a retail trend that thus far has been largely neglected by investors, because it is more nuanced and less simplistic than the established models of e-tailing and traditional bricks and mortar retailing.
- However, it has the potential to rejuvenate a sector usually considered mature, driving innovation by both bricks and mortar and online retailers.
- In particular, it provides a reason for investors who previously have overlooked bricks and mortar retailers in favor of pure e-tailers to take another look.
- Specifically, it could drive investment opportunities in those retailers with strong brands and financial firepower, grocery retailers in the UK, Hong Kong and Korea, as well as department and convenience stores in multiple markets. Meanwhile, outside the retail sector, some automation manufacturers and database software companies look set to benefit from this trend.
Manulife Asset Management Launches New "Omnichannel" Retailing Research Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.