NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says the market is at one of the most confused junctures he has ever seen because interest rates have been plummeting, which would indicate that the jobs number coming out in the next few days would be weak.
But the companies Cramer has dealt with are not providing that indication, as they seem to be hiring. TriNet (TNET - Get Report), which does payroll processing, has spoken positively about the situation, as has Paychex (PAYX - Get Report).
Cramer says if the jobs number is strong, then interest rates will rise and investors should buy the banks, specifically Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) and Goldman Sachs (GS - Get Report). He also says he would never go against Wells Fargo (WFC - Get Report) and adds Bank of America could hit $18.
If the number is weak, then Cramer suggests CBS Outdoor (CBSO), which just went public last week, REITs such as Ventas (VTR - Get Report) and utilities such as Southern Company (SO - Get Report) and American Electric Power (AEP - Get Report).
---------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates BANK OF AMERICA CORP as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate BANK OF AMERICA CORP (BAC) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BANK OF AMERICA CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BANK OF AMERICA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.91 versus $0.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.30 versus $0.91).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 369.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $732.00 million to $3,439.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for BANK OF AMERICA CORP is currently very high, coming in at 86.64%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.08% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 146.29% to $11,994.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 146.29%, BANK OF AMERICA CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 405.62%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BAC Ratings Report