Revenue increased 29.4% year over year to $22.8 million from $17.6 million mostly due to sales of the company's dyeing and finishing equipment thanks to the demand for Cleantech's low-emission airflow dyeing machines. Net income increased to $2.1 million, or 60 cents per basic and diluted share, from $0.5 million, or 17 cents per basic and diluted share, in the same period one year earlier.
Operating expenses decreased 10.7% year over year to $3.1 million from $3.5 million, while operating income increased to $2.8 million from $0.7 million. Operating margin was 12.2% compared to 4.1% in the same period one year earlier. Adjusted EBIDTA rose year over year to $7.3 million from $4.8 million.
Must Read: Why Intel (INTC) Shares Are Gaining Today
TheStreet Ratings team rates CLEANTECH SOLUTIONS INTL INC as a "hold" with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CLEANTECH SOLUTIONS INTL INC (CLNT) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CLNT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.14, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- CLEANTECH SOLUTIONS INTL INC's earnings per share declined by 30.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CLEANTECH SOLUTIONS INTL INC reported lower earnings of $1.57 versus $2.30 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Machinery industry. The net income has decreased by 9.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2.36 million to $2.13 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CLNT Ratings Report