Amazon Prime is the e-retailer's popular two-day shipping service, which also offers members access to unlimited instant streaming of movies and TV shows, as well as books through the Kindle library and special offers. Earlier this month, Amazon raised the price of its subscription service, Amazon Prime by $20 to $99 a year, to account for increased shipping and fuel costs.
Amazon launched Amazon Studios in 2010 to develop feature films and episodic series. The company says anyone can upload a script, and will then be notified within 45 days if that script is optioned. Since 2010 more than 8,000 movie and approximately 2,000 series projects have been submitted to Amazon Studios. Seattle-based Amazon continues to invite creators to upload proposals for comedy and children's programming, specifically.
"We had a tremendous response to Amazon Studios' latest pilots -- in fact, double the number of customers watched these pilots compared to our first season and they posted thousands of heartfelt reviews with pleas for us to continue these shows," said Roy Price, Director of Amazon Studios. "Now the fun really begins--Amazon will be working with some of the most talented casts and creators in the business to bring six new shows exclusively to tens of millions of Prime members worldwide. These series, along with our summer kids programming, will give customers a lot of viewing choices."
--Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York.Follow @LKulikowski
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV