Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY)
- ALNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.5 million.
- ALNY has traded 52,081 shares today.
- ALNY is up 3.7% today.
- ALNY was down 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALNY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALNY: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, is engaged in discovering, developing, and commercializing novel therapeutics based on RNA interference (RNAi). Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Alnylam Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alnylam Pharmaceuticals has been 721,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alnylam has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.24 and a short float of 6.7% with 3.98 days to cover. Shares are up 1.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alnylam Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.43 versus -$2.08 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 32.9% in earnings (-$1.90 versus -$1.43).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 48.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$62.19 million to -$32.36 million.
- This stock has increased by 173.88% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ALNY do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- ALNY has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.64, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts