NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- American Capital (ACAS) rose 8.09% to $15.36 at 10:03 a.m. on Monday after the company announced it had purchased 8.9 million of its own shares and suspended its share repurchase program.
American Capital purchased the shares at $15.38 a share for a total of $137 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $57.00 million or 21.27% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 21.27%, AMERICAN CAPITAL LTD is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 93.28%.
- The gross profit margin for AMERICAN CAPITAL LTD is rather high; currently it is at 55.08%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ACAS's net profit margin of -154.23% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AMERICAN CAPITAL LTD underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, ACAS has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ACAS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV