Trade-Ideas: DTE Energy Holding Company (DTE) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- DTE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $77.1 million.
- DTE has traded 1,398 shares today.
- DTE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DTE: DTE Energy Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an energy company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. DTE has a PE ratio of 19.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate DTE Energy Holding Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for DTE Energy Holding Company has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. DTE Energy Holding has a market cap of $12.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.33 and a short float of 2% with 3.39 days to cover. Shares are up 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DTE Energy Holding Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- DTE ENERGY CO's earnings per share declined by 11.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DTE ENERGY CO reported lower earnings of $3.77 versus $3.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.32 versus $3.77).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Multi-Utilities industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 53.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $81.00 million to $124.00 million.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.04, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Multi-Utilities industry. Despite the fact that DTE's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.58 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- You can view the full DTE Energy Holding Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts