BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- April trading is on the horizon, and that means investors could be due for a big shift in market direction after a sideways churn in March.
"New month, new market" has been a mantra of sorts for Mr. Market over the last 15 months -- and 2014's trading has been a perfect example of it. Stocks went straight down in January, went straight back up in February and consolidated sideways for the entire month of March. The question now is which market phase we'll get in April.
The good news is that we won't have to wait long to find out. And better still, we've got a plan that's purpose-built to outperform the S&P 500's moves no matter which direction it moves in: our Rocket Stocks. This week, we're taking a look at five brand new Rocket names worth buying.>>Beat the S&P in 2014 With the Stocks Everyone Hates For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 242 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 81.82%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV