NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MagneGas Corporation (MNGA) is gaining on Monday morning after the hydrogen fuel producer announced it had signed an expanded joint venture agreement with Future Energy of Australia.
Before the bell, shares had added 14.8% to $1.55. Year to date, the stock is up 206.8% after announcing it had been awarded contracts for four major demolition projects.
In a statement, MagneGas and Future Energy of Australia said they would each own a 50% stake in a new company formed to develop and commercialize the "co-combustion of MagneGas fuels with hydrocarbon fuels to reduce emissions and increase energy."
The companies said the new agreement will extend beyond an existing partnership of coal co-combustion to include working with MagneGas and diesel, heavy oil, aviation fuels, and liquid petroleum gas.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. MNGA data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV