The FDA has gathered a group of medical experts together today to review and discuss Afrezza, an inhaled, rapid-acting insulin designed for the treatment of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. At the end of today's all-day meeting, the experts will vote on whether or not to recommend Afrezza's approval.
This is Mannkind's third attempt at getting Afrezza approved. The FDA rejected the product both times previously. For this resubmission, Mannkind conducted two phase III studies of Afrezza, one each in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
TheStreet's biotech columnist Adam Feuerstein published a preview of today's panel on Monday.
Follow along all the action today as Feuerstein live blogs the Afrezza panel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV