CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:MACK) today announced that it will present at the 2014 AACR Annual Meeting. The conference will take place on April 5-9, 2014 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego. Presentations will include a clinical pilot study evaluating the feasibility of using ferumoxytol * as an MRI imaging agent prior to MM-398 investigational treatment. Additional preclinical presentations describe the relationship between ferumoxytol and MM-398 tumor uptake and activity, as well as exploring the mechanistic basis of MM-398 activity across multiple tumor models. Data will be presented in four poster sessions.
- Session Title: Clinical Trials Pilot study in patients with advanced solid tumors to evaluate feasibility of ferumoxytol (FMX) as tumor imaging agent prior to MM-398, a nanoliposomal irinotecan (nal-IRI) Monday, April 7, 2014 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Hall A-E, Poster Section 38
- Session Title: Tumor Biology 24 Magnetic resonance imaging with an iron oxide nanoparticle demonstrates the preclinical feasibility of predicting intratumoral uptake and activity of MM-398, a nanoliposomal irinotecan (nal-IRI) Monday, April 7, 2014 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Hall A-E, Poster Section 7
- Session Title: Tumor Biology 38 Activity of MM-398, nanoliposomal irinotecan (nal-IRI), in Ewings family tumor xenografts is associated with high exposure of tumor to drug and high SLFN11 expression Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Hall A-E, Poster Section 5
- Session Title: Experimental and Molecular Therapeutics 37 Evaluating the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetic effects of MM-398, a nanoliposomal irinotecan (nal-IRI), in subcutaneous xenograft tumor models of human squamous cell carcinoma and small cell lung cancers Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Hall A-E, Poster Section 35
About MM-398MM-398 is a nanoliposomal formulation of irinotecan. MM-398 is being evaluated in several clinical trials including a Phase 3 study in metastatic pancreatic cancer, a Phase 2 study in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer and a Phase 1 cross indication translational study. MM-398 is not approved for any indication by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or any other regulatory agency. Under a 2011 agreement with PharmaEngine, Inc. (Taipei, Taiwan), Merrimack consolidated the worldwide development and commercialization rights to MM-398, with the exception of commercialization rights in Taiwan which are held by PharmaEngine, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts