SEATTLE, Mar. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Ryanair showcased their strong partnership with a new, co-branded livery on the airline's most recently delivered Next-Generation 737-800.
The airplane features the distinctive blue Boeing colors on the fuselage of the airplane, while Ryanair's name is featured toward the rear of the aircraft. On the tail is the recognizable golden harp logo found on every Ryanair 737-800. The airplane is one of nearly 300 737-800s currently in Ryanair's all-Boeing fleet.
"The 737-800 has been the foundation of our recent successful growth thanks to its great engineering and phenomenal reliability," said Ryanair Chief Executive Michael O'Leary.
In June 2013, the Irish airline ordered an additional 175 of the world's best-selling single-aisle airplane. O'Leary said the newly ordered airplanes will expand Ryanair's fleet to more than 400 737-800s and create more than 3,000 new jobs for pilots, cabin crew and engineers."Ryanair has been a loyal Boeing 737 customer for nearly 20 years, so this blended livery is a great way to honor that longstanding partnership," said Todd Nelp, vice president of European Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. Over the next five years, Ryanair expects to serve more than 110 million passengers across Europe. "That will enable us to lower our costs and cut air fares even further," said O'Leary. Ryanair describes itself as Europe's favorite low fares airline, operating more than 1,600 daily flights connecting 186 destinations in 30 countries. Contacts: Chamila (CJ) JayaweeraEurope Communications Boeing Commercial Airplanes+44(0)7557 160 645 email@example.com Dina Weiss737 CommunicationsBoeing Commercial Airplanes+1 206-853-9620 firstname.lastname@example.org Photo and caption are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV