- Multi-vendor implementation and managed services to support Telenor's nationwide network rollout
- Frame agreement for Ericsson to supply equipment for Telenor's mobile network
- Ericsson to deploy a combination of 2G and 3G equipment, future proof for upgrade requirements
- Telenor's network will provide coverage to 90 percent of Myanmar's population in five years
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, March 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Major social and economic progress has been taking place in Myanmar over the last two years, as the country opens up its economy. Mobile licenses have recently been awarded which are expected to bring considerable socio-economic benefits to the country and its people.
Myanmar will experience increased network rollout activity as Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) participates in the development of Telenor's mobile network in the country. Ericsson today announced that it has been awarded a 5-year contract for multivendor managed services to support Telenor's nationwide network rollout. Late last year, Telenor also awarded Ericsson with a frame agreement to supply radio-access network (RAN) and associated services for a significant portion of Telenor's network in the country.
Telenor's network in Myanmar is expected to cover 90 percent of the country's population of more than 60 million in five years.It will be a multi-standard network comprising 2G and 3G to provide customers with both excellent voice quality and high-speed data connectivity. Ericsson's multi-standard network solution will be used in the deployment, along with 2G and 3G equipment that can be upgraded for future requirements. With the multi-standard network solution, Ericsson enables operators to minimize the costs of operating a RAN. The multi-standard network combines GSM/EDGE, WCDMA/HSPA, LTE, IP-based transport systems and its common Operations Support Systems in a fully optimized RAN. This provides flexibility for the network to be tailored to the traffic profile in different parts of the country, and to integrate new spectrum bands as they become available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV