- iSchool Project launched in cooperation with Ericsson, Ministry of Education, Royal Government of Bhutan and Bhutan Telecom
- Based on the global education initiative Connect To Learn, it aims to provide access to quality education to students at schools in remote areas
- Ericsson to deploy video conference and communications technology; Bhutan Telecom to provide high-speed mobile broadband
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, March 29, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (Nasdaq:ERIC) has partnered with the Ministry of Education, Government of Bhutan and Bhutan Telecom to roll out the country's pilot eLearning project 'iSchool' across six schools in Bhutan.
Through this project, the Government of Bhutan aims to bring world-class education to 250 students studying in grade nine across Bhutan. Leading faculty from the designated master school 'Pelkhil' will provide education in scientific subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, as well as help students in humanities subjects such as Mindfulness, Environment or Social Studies. Interactive lessons will be given via live video conferencing and will allow for real-time engagement between students and the faculty.
Mr.Karma Yeshey, Director, Department of School Education, Ministry of Education, Royal Government of Bhutan, said: "Building a young educated workforce is a priority for the Government. By working with Ericsson and Bhutan Telecom, we believe we can enhance the quality of education for young students across the remotest of areas of Bhutan. Upon successful implementation of this project we endeavor to extend this initiative to approximately 200 remote schools of Bhutan across grades."As part of the project, Ericsson has deployed video conferencing solutions and technology across one master school and five participating schools. Bhutan Telecom is providing high speed broadband connectivity (8Mbps bandwidth) to connect all these schools. The Ministry of Education, Government of Bhutan will strive to deliver relevant content and world-class faculty to deliver education through this eLearning project.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV