After the bell, shares had surged 51.6% to $4.76.
Greenlight Capital, founded by hedge fund manager David Einhorn, proposed a potential acquisition of the biofuel developer for $275 million, payable in cash and common stock.
"We believe that this proposal provides an opportunity for the Company and its stockholders to acquire an interest in a business with long term equity potential and an attractive portfolio of assets," Einhorn and JBGL Funds founder Jim Brickman in a letter to BioFuel's board.In a separate SEC filing, Greenlight disclosed it had increased its stake in BioFuel to 29%, or around 1,78 million shares, from a previous 26.2% stake. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV