NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Magnachip Semiconductor (MX) is tumbling in extended trading on the announcement its chief financial officer Margaret Sakai had resigned and that its accounting review would be delayed.
After the bell, shares are down 7% to $13.50.
The semiconductor manufacturer said Sakai had resigned as CFO and executive vice president, effective immediately, and that senior vice president and chief accounting officer Jonathan Kim would stand as interim CFO until a replacement had been found.
The board is currently commencing its search for a permanent replacement.Magnachip also reaffirmed its March 11 announcement that it has commenced an internal review of its accounting practices and that the process remains ongoing. "While substantial progress has been made, it is expected that this review and work with regard to the previously announced restatement will take several more months, and as a result the Company will be postponing its annual investor conference to a date to be announced after the filing of its Annual Report on Form 10-K," the company said in a statement. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates MAGNACHIP SEMICONDUCTOR CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate MAGNACHIP SEMICONDUCTOR CORP (MX) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, MAGNACHIP SEMICONDUCTOR CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.66 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that MX's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.49 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income has decreased by 3.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $48.41 million to $46.67 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $6.04 million or 73.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.