CLEVELAND, March 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sam Thomas, Chairman, CEO and President of Chart Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:GTLS), gathered with company, state and local dignitaries, and more than 200 current and former employees, at the ribbon cutting ceremony to formally dedicate the expansion of Chart's brazed aluminium heat exchanger (BAHX) manufacturing plant in La Crosse, WI. The $50 million project increases the manufacturing capacity for Chart's proprietary heat exchangers by 40%, doubles the engineering space and includes an additional vacuum brazing furnace, which is the largest of its type in the world.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=24443
"The capacity expansion is an integral part of Chart's overall growth strategy and is good news for our global customer base and the local community," commented Mike Durkin, President of Chart Energy & Chemicals. "It furthers our ability to support our customers with market leading delivery schedules, and creates jobs for semi-skilled, skilled and graduate personnel."BAHX offer significant economic and efficiency advantages versus other types of heat exchangers and are integral to cryogenic processing plants around the world for the production and purification of atmospheric gases, such as nitrogen and oxygen, the production of important raw materials, such as ethylene and propylene, and the processing and liquefaction of natural gas. Chart's La Crosse facility employs more than 500 people and has a rich heritage boasting more than 60 years uninterrupted BAHX manufacturing in the area with more than 10,000 units produced to date. A five year union contract with Machinist Union LL2191 continues a proud 60 year partnership with the IAMAW.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV