DEERFIELD, Ill., March 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Stationers (NASDAQ: USTR) today announced that Kenneth M. Nickel, 48, vice president, controller and chief accounting officer, has decided to leave the company. He has agreed to remain with the company to assist in the transition to his successor. Nickel joined United in 1986 and has held increasingly responsible accounting positions throughout his tenure.
"Ken has been a valued associate and has done an outstanding job for United Stationers over the years. We are very grateful for Ken's contributions to the company and support his desire to pursue other avenues in his career. We wish him well in his new endeavors. We will provide details on Ken's successor as the information becomes available," said Todd A. Shelton, United Stationers' senior vice president and chief financial officer.
United Stationers Inc. is a leading supplier of business essentials, with 2013 net sales of $5.1 billion. The company stocks a broad assortment of over 140,000 items, including technology products, traditional office products, janitorial and breakroom supplies, office furniture, and industrial supplies. The Company's network of 64 distribution centers allows it to deliver these products to approximately 25,000 reseller customers. This network, combined with United's breadth and depth of inventory, enables the Company to ship most products overnight to more than ninety percent of the U.S. and major cities in Mexico and Canada. For more information, visit unitedstationers.com.United Stationers common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol USTR. For Further Information Contact: Cody PhippsPresident and Chief Executive Officer or Todd SheltonSenior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer847-627-7000 SOURCE United Stationers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV