While he admitted that Cummins (CMI) is one of his favorite trucking stocks, and a holding in AAP, Paccar is "every bit" as enticing at current levels.
Although many of its peers have started moving higher, Paccar has lagged the group. Cramer added that the company's fundamentals are very strong. For this reason, the stock should be trading at $70, he said.
Regarding railroad stocks, he suggested that coal prices would need to continue moving higher in order for the rail stocks to do so as well.The one exception he made was for CSX Corp. (CSX), which is undervalued compared to its peers and could move to $30, he said. Cramer concluded that the trucking industry is "ready to roll," and the stocks can enjoy multi-month runs to the upside.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV