By midday, shares had climbed 25.6% to $8.29. Trading volume of 1.3 million was more than double its three-month daily average.
The business tech support provider said paid promotions allegations leveled against the it were unfounded. A week ago, The Rosen Law Firm said it was investigating potential securities fraud claims resulting from allegations InterCloud had paid outsiders to promote the stock through false articles. The news caused shares to plummet nearly 30% on Friday, March 21.
InterCloud said in response it had hired former senior federal prosecutor with the SEC disvision of enforcement to determine whether there is any truth to the allegations."As a result of this investigation, the company is now in a position to state that these allegations are wholly without merit," the company said in a statement. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV