The firm noted the recent pullback in shares as the reason for the move. Goldman Sachs maintained its C$4.20 target price.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, KINROSS GOLD CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $183.60 million or 61.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- KGC's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 39.32%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Metals & Mining industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 75.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2,989.10 million to -$742.10 million.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 26.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KGC Ratings Report